Batarelli

by Brent Bublitz
Affiliations:

BUILD DESCRIPTION

This started as a really rotten apple. Batavus HS50 with a Minarelli V1 mounted. Looked OK at a quick glance, but nearly everything was wrong once I started pulling it apart. Forks were frozen, motor mounts were fabricated a 1/4 inch narrow for a V1, so they cut the mounts on the motor to fit. The starter tab was a welded and broke mess, likely because the motor would not turn over easily and someone pedaled the crap out of it. The crank and bearings were partly rust seized. Wheel spacers were whatever was laying around, exhaust was mounted to the rear swingarm, Coil had been mounted to the frame with bailing wire, someone had filled it with transmission fluid instead of oil and so much more with every thing I pulled off. The Vi has been rebuilt with new bearings, seals, and gaskets. 77 Stuffed race crank. Cleaned up the 80cc BRN kit and reassembled. I swapped to some Maxi forks that fit. Going to break it in on a stock-ish exhaust and 14 SHA, as that's what I have around. Then the upgrades will start.

BUILD DETAILS

MOPED
1978 Batavus HS-50
exhaust

5 LIKES

SHARE


0 COMMENTS

Sign in or Create an Account to post a comment.